Call Number Regions
Philemon is often treated along with Colossians in a single commentary.
Major Commentaries on Philemon
- Barth, Markus, and Helmut Blanke. The Letter to Philemon. Eerdmans Critical Commentary. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2000.
- Bruce, F. F. The Epistles to the Colossians, to Philemon, and to the Ephesians. The New International Commentary on the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1984.
- Calvin, John. The Second Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Corinthians and the Epistles to Timothy, Titus, and Philemon. Translated by T. A. Smail. Calvin’s New Testament Commentaries. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1996.
- Dunn, James D. G. The Epistles to the Colossians and to Philemon: A Commentary on the Greek Text. The New International Greek Testament Commentary. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1996.
- Fitzmyer, J.A. The Letter to Philemon. Anchor Bible, vol. 34C. New York: Doubleday, 2000.
- Lohse, Eduard. Colossians and Philemon: A Commentary on the Epistles to the Colossians and to Philemon. Translated by William R. Poehlmann and Robert J. Karris. Edited by Helmut Koester. Hermeneia. Philadelphia: Fortress Press 1971.
- Martin, Ralph P. Colossians and Philemon: Based on the Revised Standard Version. The New Century Bible Commentary. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1973.
- O’Brien, Peter T. Colossians, Philemon. Word Biblical Commentary, vol. 44. Waco, TX: Word Books, 1982.
- Wright, N. T. The Epistles of Paul to the Colossians and to Philemon: An Introduction and Commentary. Tyndale New Testament Commentary, vol. 12. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1986.
- Last Updated: Nov 16, 2021 4:26 PM
- URL: https://covenantseminary.libguides.com/commentaries
- Print Page