Call Number Regions
Esther is sometimes treated along with Ruth or Ezra/Nehemiah in a single commentary.
Major Commentaries on Esther
- Baldwin, Joyce G. Esther: An Introduction and Commentary. Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries. Leicester, England: Inter-Varsity Press, 1984.
- Berlin, Adele. Esther: The Traditional Hebrew Text with the New JPS Translation. The JPS Bible Commentary. Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society, 2001.
- Breneman, Mervin. Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther. New American Commentary. Nashville, TN: Broadman & Holman Publishers, 1993.
- Bush, Frederic W. Ruth, Esther. Word Biblical Commentary. Dallas, TX: Word Books, 1996.
- Duguid, Iain M. Esther and Ruth. Reformed Expository Commentary. Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 2005.
- Fox, Michael V. Character and Ideology in the Book of Esther. 2nd ed. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2001.
- Jobes, Karen H. Esther. NIV Application Commentary. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1999.
- Keil, C. F. The Books of Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther. Translated by Sophia Taylor. Biblical Commentary on the Old Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1950.
- Laniak, Timothy S. “Esther.” In Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, by Leslie C. Allen and Timothy S. Laniak, 167–269. New International Biblical Commentary, Old Testament. Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 2003.
- Levenson, Jon D. Esther: A Commentary. Old Testament Library. Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 1997.
- Last Updated: Nov 16, 2021 4:26 PM
- URL: https://covenantseminary.libguides.com/commentaries
- Print Page